Chitika Leaderboard

Sunday, July 31, 2011

You should read this in an Irish Accent.


Yesterday I went down to the Dayton Celtic Festival.  It was pretty cool, especially all the live music. Gaelic Storm was one of the big names there, as well as some traditional bagpipe music and those crazy dancers.

I tried to find a kilt but they didn't have any in my size so I got a pretty cool shirt with one of those crosses on it made out of the knots.

There were also some harp players. Harpists? I think it'd be neat to play a harp, to me it looks like a cross between a guitar and a piano.

I'll leave you with some music from Gaelic Storm today.

~Gryt

18 comments:

  1. I love celtic music, the bagpipes sound so unique. My grandma had one (i still dont know why)i tried playing it, but only thing i accomplished were hideous noises hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love Celtic music, I did try to read it in an Irish accent, it did make it better lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celtic music is relaxing to me. It really puts me into a cheery mood. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. celtic pride! I am part Irish Scottish(yes, irish scottish) and I find celtic music quite soothing to the brain cells. Thank$ for $haring, hopefully you reward my kindness.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is it bad that I read this in Shaemus' voice from WWE? That sounds like it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what a wellie is. Song was catchy there at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scalliwag is a serious dance tune.. proper rump shaking business.

    ReplyDelete
  8. luv celtic sounds, keep it up!
    nice blog, and a very nice background!

    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  9. .... So jealous, I'd have loved to have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats awesome! My town is having a scottish festival coming up soon! Im excited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything Irish reminds me of the movie Boondock Saints and that is why I like everything Irish :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear harps are very hard on the fingers, that is - until the inch-thick callouses form!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh god, that music video made me laugh so hard. "run away with the rambeling gypsy oh"

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol! don't know how an irish accent sounds like =/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a blast

    ReplyDelete