Chitika Leaderboard

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Gooooooaaaaaal

So I went to the Newcastle vs Crew game last night, and I have to say I really enjoyed it.  Newcastle won 3-0, but it was a fun match to watch.  Their first goal was unbelievably early, and I think the Crew could have stopped it.  To me, the Crew weren't playing their best during the game but I also think that Newcastle could've played harder but wanted to keep it a friendly match.

Here you can find a recap of the game on the Crew's site.

I love going to the Crew stadium though, I'd have season tickets if it weren't an hour drive.  I have a couple friends in the Hudson Street Hooligans, and I love watching their antics from across the stadium.  While I was there, I talked to my Adidas rep who was in his club suite, and he got me tickets to the August 13th game in his suite since he'll be out of town.  I think they play the revolution then, so I can get another recap of the game for you guys.

One last thing, before the game I was out tailgating with some friends and kicking the ball around when I saw something really cool. The Budweiser Draft horses.  I took a 1 minute clip of them on my iPod, so I might upload that to youtube and include it in tomorrow's post.

Still pumped from an awesome game,
~Gryt

22 comments:

  1. hey great post gryt. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the highlights and the game looked pretty good. Better than the KC Sporting game that tied 0-0…

    Thanks for the post. And feel free to check out my blog posts as well. I have already rewarded your hard work ($), and I hope you will return my kindne$$ =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, what are you doing Crew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i find it bizarre that soccer (football) announcers say: "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!" They seem to let it drag on forever lol

    great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellente, thanks for keeping us updated homie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just starting to get into Soccer myself, though being an American I'm already getting stupid remarks from my friends about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it's good you had a fun game, and didn't get killed in a riot :) Football needs more pitch invasions though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, The game was awesome but too bad I was hoping Crew would at least score one. Those Budweiser draft horses haha nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol I only know about the soccer team New Castle because of the movie "Goal" "] but im sure they are a great team.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed the game as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad it was a good game. Just got done watching JAP vs USA the other day. Was really good. Didn't catch this one. They come and go on my box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky! I can only watch on Satellite

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had fun, man! I never really got into football (or any team sports really for that matter), but I can definitely appreciate the fun of getting out and drinking some beers was good friends while being a bubble in a cheering crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Football is always really fun to enjoy... I don't get to often, though. Stupid pay TV!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its always fun going to a game :D, also i have some sort of sympathy for the Crew, a couple of Argentinian guys played there i think, or at least one Guillermo Barros Schelotto

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see draft horses in my city quite often.. not Budweiser though, Pilsner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm just starting to get into football. I've always been into American hand-egg.

    ReplyDelete