Chitika Leaderboard

Friday, July 22, 2011

Gotta Get Down on Friday!

You just got Rebecca rolled. In other news... Today is Audio/Video Day, enjoy.

Heres a short clip I made of a few riffs from the song Holiday by Green Day, its not too good but I didn't spend too much time on it either. I recorded bass and guitar for it and used a sample for the drums

Heres my progress so far on the guitar pedal, excuse the quality I took it on my laptop webcam. Note the schematic which I do not know how to read.

And one last thing, the Brothers in Arms Band is a local band, and I'm good friends with everybody in it. I think they sound amazing, and if you share my musical taste one of their albums is on iTunes. Definitely at least worth a listen, and props to them because all their stuff is original!

Gotta get ready for band practice later, so I can't think of much else to say
~Gryt

28 comments:

  1. Nice! I'll check out the Brothers in Arms Band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta get down on some green day! nice grungy punk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just might know how to read the schematics. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn you for making me think about that song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. greenday greenday gotta get down with greenday O:

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my god i can't get friday out of my head out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know how to read those schematics either hahaha
    the track was pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wanna try making the beat a little faster? it sounds awesome already but it won't hurt to experiment ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good man, following for future posts and to see how it all comes along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. me gusta(: good work i want to hear some more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Speaking of Rebecca Black, she got hot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A bit slow but pretty neat, keep up the good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the comments, I am now inspired to record something else. Might upload some Iron Maiden later, but that would probably be guitar only.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like some nice progress on the pedal. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh back when I was in school we used Garageband, you can do some real nice things on that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brothers in arms band? I think we got them to play at my college once for something, not sure though, are they north east based?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome post man! "]. Good luck with this "]

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that was a brilliant little take on that Green Day tune, man. I am going to go ahead and check out your friends' band as well...

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Ala, they're from Ohio, but I know they've toured out of state before

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I could read those schematics too, I only know the bare minimum like a "resistor" symbol and handful others.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its sounds good ensure that you didn´t spend much time for it. like the comment and your post(because since yesterday I have holdays and I love this song).
    I following and went on your advertisement

    ReplyDelete
  22. This video is great! Also I like you're blog good design and good content!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds good.
    Band with all songs original definitely needs some props.

    ReplyDelete