Chitika Leaderboard

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Correction

Woops. I counted wrong, my birthday isn't in 13 days. Its on the 7th, maybe I should go back to practicing counting... But thanks for all the early birthday wishes, hah. Oh and happy birthday to all the other people with March birthdays, I noticed there were a handful of you.

Also, my new router is a piece of crap. Its a DLink DIR 815, and at first it was great, fast dual band all that stuff.  Then it just stops working like every 5 minutes, so I'm going to try to return it.

Any suggestions for a reliable router? I don't care about the speed or dual band, I just need something that works all day every day.


~Gryt

18 comments:

  1. Had a few d-links that always caused some trouble but since I changed to Netgear it works perfectly. It might have a bit less user friendly settings but other than that it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with InfinitePlans, NETGEAR is a good brand for modem/routers. I got the "N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router". My former modem router was a generic one from my family's internet provider. It sucked.

    Since my computer is upstairs and the modem is downstairs, that's a lot of walls to get through which sacrifices the signal.

    The price that my dad bought the NETGEAR one for was like AU$200+ (not US$). You should check it out, it may have gone down a bit.

    *brofist*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to type the item number thingy, it's: "DGND3700" because there's a couple of different N600s out there.

      Good hunting mate!

      Delete
  3. Don't have a router at my sea at the moment, think I had a d-link one way back and it did suck for the most part though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had a problem with any of my Netgear routers. Nice range on the more expensive ones, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah your birthday is just a bit longer away. Not too much longer though. As for routers I have no idea I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been using 2wire and I quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know much about routers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd suggest you go with a linksys router, I've been using the same one for years and it's still going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck, dude. I've never had a router that was worth what I paid for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a cheap Netgear onebut it's never done me wrong....yet

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't had any problems with my linksys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy early birthday to you! And sorry, I can't help, my router is kind of garbage too.

    ReplyDelete